.aNk. Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLTDM

+2
Froggy
ShadyAK
6 posters

Go down

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLTDM Empty General Teamplay Guidelines: QLTDM

Post  ShadyAK Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:08 am

I have like the least TDM experience so please evaluate this and change any points i didnt get right or add some more stuff, BUT:

So far there are still only 3 maps being played. All 3 just need to be mercalised to death till we are $$ on them. If anyone has ben living under a QL rock for the past year, those maps are dm6/dm7/dm14

TDM is different to CA in terms of it's less "Army" tactical like Black Ops and more like a Tank batallion in terms of it's non-stop movement. So less tactical preparing and more experience is needed. Here are the important points:

1) The 3 Ts of QUAD: Time it, Tactically Preprare and Take it
Quad comes every 2 mins so as long as u notice time it was taken, just add/takeaway depending on if your timer counts up or down (hi cooller). Tactically prepare means either seal off the room and protect the quad, or break in and kill the other team who are protecting the quad. or do a last-gasp kamikaze dive for it :@

It also depends on the map, but we need to prepare vantage points for quad room. So it can be sealed off. Also dm14 has the decision to either protect 1 powerup with whole team or break into teams of 2 if ppl are fully stacked. Needs training.

2) Armors: take*. Depending on situation, you should either take it, or stay next to it, protecting it from enemies till a teammate with better weapons and health can take it and go on a rampage. if enemies get near u grab and run off c: .

3) Weapons: priorotise and protect. High priority guns are Rocket, Shaft, Rail and Shotgun. Low Priority are Plasma and Nade. Ideally it's best to hobo prince all guns from map and deny the enemy EVERYTHING, like ^xlo did with us but needs a lot of experience. If we have a lot of guns and they less, we will get a few kills. And vice versa. on dm6 i killed 2 dudes cos they jumped for ya while i rushed to shaft first.

4) Work as a team. Help teammates by targeting 1 person together. Drop weapons if u have more than 1. Hold off armors. By increasing a teammate's firepower and prolonging their lifetime, we will get a better chance to win map

5) PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE - cos knowing is half the battle c: We need to feel it instinctively not just "know of it".
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

[+]s : 20

Back to top Go down

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLTDM Empty Re: General Teamplay Guidelines: QLTDM

Post  Froggy Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 am

Actually its 4 tdm maps on ql. You forgot about qldm20, it will be on kuh3liga

Froggy

[+]s : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:28 am

Actually i just didn't know bout dm20 on kuh3liga Very Happy
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:07 am

All damage counts. Don't rage if you are 10:40.

Binds? {"Item taken", "dropping weapon",..} Not sure if you want to pollute the voicecom with all of this.

Tactically prepare = time e.g. ra to make it appear some 2/3 secs before quad?

Actually I'd say it's more like, uhm, black ops. Run, stock up, hit, run, stock up, get quad ET CETERA
kg
kg

[+]s : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 am

kg wrote:All damage counts. Don't rage if you are 10:40.

Binds? {"Item taken", "dropping weapon",..} Not sure if you want to pollute the voicecom with all of this.

Tactically prepare = time e.g. ra to make it appear some 2/3 secs before quad?

All excellent points. Voicecomm renders "item taken" "dropping weapon" binds useless anyway... INCOMING QUAD(powerup) is rly important tho as a bind. Tactical preparation is a fucking $$ insight so [+] for that alone but other points are good too
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 am

all good and peachy. All I want to add is: we need to designate 2-3 ppl that will be responsible with timing the stuff. We must have timer #1, in case he is absent, timer #2 etc. This person should spam his QUAD/RA bind 15 to 30 seconds before item spawns. Pointless to say this person needs to know how to time shit properly.
Trance
Trance

[+]s : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 am

Trance wrote:This person should spam his QUAD/RA bind 15 to 30 seconds before item spawns.
That's annoying as fuck.

And well, pretty much everyone needs to time shit. The one best stacked gets the quad.
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  drill Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 pm

everyone should timing quad cuz if one person say quad at 2:45 and in real it is 2:49 or 2:50, so he will get killed by his mistake - he jumped on quad place and waited \:D/ thas why
drill
drill

[+]s : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 am

kg wrote:
Trance wrote:This person should spam his QUAD/RA bind 15 to 30 seconds before item spawns.
That's annoying as fuck.

And well, pretty much everyone needs to time shit. The one best stacked gets the quad.

Fuck that shit. I cannot time and will never do. We need at least 2-3 ppl who will time it and let the others know via a bind. Whats the prob with that?! Wanna time it for yourself, np.
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  Froggy Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 am

Dont think that to remember digits is so hard. Quad spawn every 2 mins, so its really easy to time

Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 am

Trance wrote:
kg wrote:
That's annoying as fuck.

Fuck that shit. I cannot time and will never do. We need at least 2-3 ppl who will time it and let the others know via a bind. Whats the prob with that?! Wanna time it for yourself, np.
I was saying the spamming is annoying. Of course, saying "quad in 10 seconds" is a nice reminder. I meant that timing is pretty crucial in tdm too (not only the quad).
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 pm

k

safe braw

and Frog I really cannot/don't want to remember about some 2 minute shit. I just wanna focus on pure fraggin.
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Trance wrote:I just wanna focus on pure fraggin.
FFA awaits. :>

Really, if we only focus on fragging (or playing it like a public tdm) we will get raped every (p)cw.
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Froggy Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Trance wrote:k

safe braw

and Frog I really cannot/don't want to remember about some 2 minute shit. I just wanna focus on pure fraggin.

For pure fragging is CA Smile Want it or not, but in other gametypes (CTF/TDM), we should concentrate into other things too Smile

Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  drill Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 pm

nah, Cris has still bad habits from E- :D
drill
drill

[+]s : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:29 am

Florin is redneck :@ FUCK THAT QL TDM SHIT IT HAS NO BFG AND YOU CANT JUMP IN AIR AND HAVE TO TIME SHIT BOO HOO :@

In other news, i have the world's worst hangover (that i had this week :@ )
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:54 am

oh you Coollers you.

Every fucking team has at least 1-2 pure fraggers in TDM and CA. That doesn't mean fragging as in E+ style, it just means they will be more focused on pure kills than quad, ra, ya spawns and whatnot.
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:17 pm

We need to distribute the armor pretty evenly across the team so everyone has a fighting chance.
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Froggy Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Trance wrote:oh you Coollers you.

Every fucking team has at least 1-2 pure fraggers in TDM and CA. That doesn't mean fragging as in E+ style, it just means they will be more focused on pure kills than quad, ra, ya spawns and whatnot.

Ye, every team have people which taking every armor and team work is all on him, he is main fragger but he always time items too, and usually he is much better then other team players, for example good dueler. Sorry, but i dont think you are that kind of player. In CA you are one of the best our players, but not in TDM.
If anyone can be this kind of player then probably is flex or drill.

Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm

god i think i need to make a powerpoint slide to clearly express my point Laughing

nvm. in the end we all agree some1 has to time and let others who dont know via a bind.
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  cLimber- Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:37 am

Back in my Q3TDM time at qah we had main positions on every map.

For example:

DM6:
RA: 1 player
    time ra - secure ra - take Plasma/SG if you can [stay at ra])

RAIL: 1-2 player
    played by 2 player: 1 take care of the ya/shaft/bridge area [stay at rail respawn] - 1 take care of the ra are [stay at the jumppad]

played by 1 player: take care of ra area and secure sometimes the bridge area [stay at jumppad]
    (you dont have to care that much about bridge, cause 2 players secure bridge/rl)

BRIDGE: 1-2 player
    played by 2 player: 1 take care of ya/bridge area [stay at the bridge] - 1 take care of rl and a little bit ra area [stay at rl]

played by 1 player: take care of rl and a little bit ra area [stay at rl]
    (you dont have to care that much about bridge, cause the two guys at rail secure also bridge)

DM14:
Offensive Play:
RA: 2 Player
    1 take care of RL and also the spawns there - 1 take care about RA and helps at Rail and SG if needed

SG: 1 Player
    take care of SG and secure this room - you have shards there also. if Quad is not our, build a trap there for the quad

RAIL: 1 Player
    take care of the rail - you can also take a look at lower rocket and try to make some frags there (also steal RL or YA)

Defensive Play:
Shaft / YA: 1 Player
    take care of shaft and YA - share the YA with other teammates

Lower RL/YA: 1-2 Player
    take care of lower RL and YA - share both with other teammates - dont be too aggressive, but try to get the rail for example

Quad-to-SG: 1 Player
    secure the quad! this is our main powerup, when playing defense

cLimber-

[+]s : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down