.aNk. Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta

3 posters

Go down

A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta Empty A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta

Post  ShadyAK Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm

This is a correspondence of me talking to phil regarding some key issues related to recent World political, sporting and social affairs.

Czech Republic recently legalised quite a few drugs... It will make tourism from other countries go up like 200-300% but it will discredit the country from a legislative and reputational point of view.Let's look at Holland as a clear example on a long-term scale... They legalised some lighter "gateway drugs" about 10 years ago and let's look at the effects on it as a country: First of all, it provided them with a good selling point and a niche that no other country within Europe was able to legally provide at the time.... it boosted tourism and local businesses, immigration to Holland has increased (which also can be attributed to their generous Social Services Welfare program as well, BUT Xd plz)... but from a negative point of view and any casual conversation regarding Holland would probably involve a pun to them all smoking weed regardless of original topic

Do you guys believe that it is worth it by making certain business aspects bring more revenue while damaging the country's reputation?

Me and Sir Phillip concluded that regardless of the Czech republic's U-Turn on the drugs policy, it will not majorly affect teh country and any negative effects will be faded out by a larger amount of positive attributes a country would gain. Add to that the phrase "any publicity is bad publicity" and Czech Republic is actually doing a good marketing strategy, and would definitely increase the awareness on a Global scale, sadly American Frat Boys would be one of the groups introduced to it but who cares.

Also, judging by the 10-year period that Holland has had Legalisation of marijuana, it seems that it did not harm the nation, as they have managed to keep all of their attributes on the EU scale. I can't help but comment that 4 governments under 1 prime minister in such a short period of time can be attributed to the fact that they argue too much due to being blazed out all the time C:

Kind regards,
GELBE KARTE

Last edited by ShadyAK on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

[+]s : 20

Back to top Go down

A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta Empty Re: A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta

Post  kg Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 pm

I quote wikipedia:

On December 14, 2009, the Czech Republic adopted a new law that took effect on January 1, 2010, and allows a person to possess up to 15 grams of marijuana or 1.5 grams of heroin without facing criminal charges. These amounts are higher (often many times) than in any other European country, making the Czech Republic the most liberal country in the world when it comes to drug liberalization.[9]
Getting caught with weed will still cost you a couple thousand euros or so. This means you won't go to jail if you possess below 15 grams.
kg
kg

[+]s : 2

Back to top Go down

A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta Empty Re: A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta

Post  ShadyAK Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:25 pm

without facing criminal charges

Is fine not a declaration of a criminal charge? After reference to my youth in London, i was under expereicned impression that without facing criminal charges implies a confiscation and a warning.
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_%28common_law%29

I have no idea how that translates to czech law, though.
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Yas Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 pm

better to be safe than sorry. just dont get involved with the stuff.

A series of intellectual debates with Timothy K-Smythe and Sir Phillip Of Atlanta Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs

what are your views on mephedrone and other 'legal' highs?
Yas
Yas

[+]s : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Yes.
kg
kg

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 am

It was only legal because it was unknown in the media. I was once in one of those accessory shops in croydon in my younger days, you would be suprised at how much legal substitutes exist. Havent tried much of it. As chris rock said in one of his standups "as long as man can think, he will look for ways to get high..." and i shall not state the obvious... How many casualties per year comes from alcohol and tobacco? There are a lot of story of kids drinking too much vodka and having their stomachs pumped... Alcohol casualties dont make the front page news though :c
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down