.aNk. Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best e- Clan ever?

+8
Torzelan
Froggy
madbringer
kg
Trance
drill
Corwin
ShadyAK
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is best EVER clan of e+ EVER?

Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap20%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap20%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap25%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap10%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap10%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_lcap15%Best e- Clan ever? I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

Best e- Clan ever? Empty Best e- Clan ever?

Post  ShadyAK Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Xd plz

Last edited by ShadyAK on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

[+]s : 20

Back to top Go down

Best e- Clan ever? Empty Re: Best e- Clan ever?

Post  Corwin Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Ex-war or md m8 confused
Corwin
Corwin

[+]s : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  drill Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 pm

2S=2hot

Last edited by drill on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
drill
drill

[+]s : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm

i voted 2!s cos awesome skill etc
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

From a success and longevity point of view of course it was KO. If u judge it by overall factors, including clan personality, spirit, members etc etc you can have various results.

From that list I'd say KO for 1st category and DRT (circa 2005-2007) for other.
Trance
Trance

[+]s : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Trance wrote:From a success and longevity point of view of course it was KO. If u judge it by overall factors, including clan personality, spirit, members etc etc you can have various results.

lol welcome to "big up urself" category. K[] was successful on similar level as lem but drt? OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. Even xXx team had more <3 moments than drt c:

and yes, drt DID rape xXx on 1 game (cpm14/dm11 2 maps) but lineups were waaay out of order. And nood and cris played for DRT c:
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 am

lime c:
kg
kg

[+]s : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Corwin Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:53 am

Hyper cause never could fake their tag etc.
Corwin
Corwin

Back to top Go down

Post  madbringer Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:29 am

SWE, easily. They have been pretty much unbeatable for an extremely long period of time, and even when they started losing games, it was only to basically two clans (lem and Ko), and just barely a few, in all. While KO is a close second, it never really fully emulated their dominance, succumbing to a few weird slumps during their time on the throne. I'd put Lemon and MR at third ex aequo.
madbringer
madbringer

[+]s : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  madbringer Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 am

That's as far as plus side goes, of course. If we'd take the whole of E+ under consideration, you can't have anyone else than EN. They completely dominated e5/e6. I don't think they ever even lost an official match on e+? Or if they did, it was like once or twice.
madbringer
madbringer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 am

madbringer wrote:SWE, easily. They have been pretty much unbeatable for an extremely long period of time, and even when they started losing games, it was only to basically two clans (lem and Ko), and just barely a few, in all. While KO is a close second, it never really fully emulated their dominance, succumbing to a few weird slumps during their time on the throne. I'd put Lemon and MR at third ex aequo.

I will have to disagree with you Sir. SWE had a total dominance for about a year or so (2005 - 2006 iirc) but they have never won a major trophy in E+ (i'm 85% sure of this, unless memory plays tricks on me and if u dont count the one they won in 2004 which was like the 1st cup ever in E+). On the other hand KO won almost everything there was on the table for like 3 years in a row (leagues, cups and whatnot shit). I would look at SWE as the biggest underachievers in E+ history. They had undoubtedly huuuge amount of individual skilled players, even better than KO in their prime, but they could never put that to good use. Just ask Torzelan.

Also direct battles KO-SWE over the years, the balance hangs way towards KO, cant recall exactly but think it was smth like 8-3 or so.

Of course I might be biased with my opinion on this matter since I was part of KO, and of course you're entitled to your opinion, but facts and numbers don't lie Smile

@Shady: I meant DRT in the 2nd category if u judged clans based on oevrallish factors. But ofc over the past 2 years or so aNk has been without a doubt #1 in my heart due to the diversity of actions/games played together, irc retarded fun and whatnot Very Happy
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  madbringer Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

I dunno, man. I'm not trying to take anything away from KO, of course. Basically, SWE and KO were the only two clans on the E+ scene that did generate this 'omg, we will never beat them' aura around them. This is my purely subjective opinion from around the time i joined, since soon after, SWE went into hibernation, only coming out of it a few times for short periods (like when Mr Sandberg joined them). But before that, they were basically a monstrosity that no one could topple, and the fact they barely ever won anything can only be attributed to the clan reaching their full potential before E+ really got off on cups and tourneys of any kind. The win-loss ratio was also achieved when SWE was way past it's prime and KO just reached their. Razz

I still put SWE slightly ahead just based on that period of utter and complete lockdown they had going on the E+ scene. Just my personal opinion.
madbringer
madbringer

Back to top Go down

Post  Froggy Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 am

Voted for Mr/Viking. I always liked how this clan playing and how good they teamplay is. Even before Laktos started to be superstar and they recruited Marcus.

About other clans. Never really liked KO clan, probably because they won everything they played Very Happy Always wanted to won against them, sad but it didnt happen :/
Lemon, my dream clan Very Happy Really liked this clan and how they played, but then i started to be active on forums and in community at all they already was inactive.
SWE. Shame on me, but i saw how they played only on demos. All period while i play, they were inactive :/
DRT, dont think they should be on this list. They were really good and strong clan, but not enough. All they had is really strong CTF lineup and good enough teamplay, but never played good enough to win one cup after another.
Hyper, nice clan and nice gameplay, but they is always second. Cant remember if they ever won any cup, but remember many cups they lost in finals.
2!S had really good CTF line up, but they shouldnt be on list too.

Froggy

[+]s : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  madbringer Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 am

Frog makes a good point. 2!S on the list but not Gen.X or EVOL (they used to be one of the major powers, way back when)? That's ridiculous. Razz
madbringer
madbringer

Back to top Go down

Post  Torzelan Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 am

"Best" "Clan" = KO
(Super tightly followed by SWE which I voted for because omg bias pirat )

Troll material: SWE were pretty unlucky with activity and such coinciding with (E+'s retardedly idiotically long deadline-less) cups (run mostly by inexperienced, too soft and at times "ass-kissing" admins) and leagues, but - on good and bad - played anyway unlike CERTAIN CLANS that would abuse their status and postpone a single fucking game for literally months if so much as one player was missing. Shit was gay.

But yeah like I always say/said, SWE's biggest problem as a clan compared to the other tops was overall individual performance. In almost any given lineup and map, against the best teams, the top performers did pretty damn good but the underperformers lost the entire games. From what I saw, KO / Lem never had this problem to that extent. Some players clearly were "better" than the others of course, but everyone did their part. Higher lowest standard.

Of course, SWE never trained, made tactics deeper than "room X is nice" or used voicecom, but that wasn't how we played / what we based our game on either and honestly don't consider it our weaknesses, as much as it was strengths of some other clans.

Off topic I guess, I sometimes wonder if I should make an improvised recording, kind of "podcast-like", where I just talk about everything I remember from all my time gaming (all games, perhaps split it up in parts based on games) before I forget too much. Only problem is 1. Shit would be several hours long ( silent ), 2. Who the hell would listen to it and 3. Imagine it could be kind of embarrassing in a couple of years. jocolor

hum hum geek (<- that guy looks like crono)
Torzelan
Torzelan

http://torzelan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 am

and that concludes our trip back to memory lane Very Happy

As for MR, they only got good after all the top clans had died, taking in the process most of their good players. Imo they should only be in the poll coz of longevity around E+, not coz of their performances.
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Torzelan wrote:Off topic I guess, I sometimes wonder if I should make an improvised recording, kind of "podcast-like", where I just talk about everything I remember from all my time gaming (all games, perhaps split it up in parts based on games) before I forget too much. Only problem is 1. Shit would be several hours long ( silent ), 2. Who the hell would listen to it and 3. Imagine it could be kind of embarrassing in a couple of years. jocolor
I wonder about that too.
kg
kg

[+]s : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  flex Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:56 pm

ShadyAK wrote:
Trance wrote:From a success and longevity point of view of course it was KO. If u judge it by overall factors, including clan personality, spirit, members etc etc you can have various results.

lol welcome to "big up urself" category. K[] was successful on similar level as lem but drt?
What did u expect? Seriously this topic is senseless. Opinion is like ass, everybody has their own. In addition memories are not objective so each of us have their own vision of past. From past i remember each of tdm leagues were failure performed by few ppl like iz and l8er extreme. Sorry it was so sweet to be involved in refereeing 3 matches before my final exam in school. It took like 3h or more. Find server by my own cuz cl's coudn't do that. Ofc match coudnt start on time. So sweet, memories.

btw wheres my fucking t-shirt which i won in ufreeze cup sponsored by brand which is now wearing fagsoundpatheticjerks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZC3pKYoAg ?!?!?! screw u all and bring my time back. yo
flex
flex

[+]s : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  madbringer Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:56 am

Trance wrote:and that concludes our trip back to memory lane Very Happy

As for MR, they only got good after all the top clans had died, taking in the process most of their good players. Imo they should only be in the poll coz of longevity around E+, not coz of their performances.

They were also good before clans like SWE and KO emerged. Didn't, at one point, they have almost every good player on the scene in their clan? I remember reading some whines about them hogging up a lot of players.
madbringer
madbringer

Back to top Go down

Post  epykoi Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 am

aXn best klan sure m8s bounce

epykoi

[+]s : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  drill Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 am

flex wrote:btw wheres my fucking t-shirt which i won in ufreeze cup sponsored by brand
oh yeah, im still waiting for my XXL one :)))
drill
drill

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am

drill wrote:
flex wrote:btw wheres my fucking t-shirt which i won in ufreeze cup sponsored by brand
oh yeah, im still waiting for my XXL one Smile))

ahahah totally forgot about this one Very Happy
Trance
Trance

Back to top Go down

Post  XF1GHTER Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 pm

yo

Dunno what 2 say here I guess evrything is sayd! i think i must agree on 1 thing here like Mr Sandberg sayed! KO nr 1 and Swe Slighly after!

Voted for SWE
Reason: Well simpel Smile becuase it was me and Harding that started the clan!!!
XF1GHTER
XF1GHTER

Back to top Go down

Post  rtz Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm

By numbers, it was KO. By team spirit and atmosphere I'd say lemon.

But for me personally i think gen.X was the best, or they would be the best IF they stayed together... they had the magic swedish/polish/german/ combo which if they remained together all that time till ko and lemon appeared would prolly kick both of our asses... even in our prime. I'd go as far to say that they'd probably win swe in their prime as well.. Also I was always wondering how it would look like if they stayed, in theory, all that time and if that was the case, there lineup would be something like SuperBo!, 2fast4you?!, SubXaero, Zoomer, HQ, Snemann (when in shape he had one of the sickest lazerys i ever saw)... that team would have some insane potential... and things would obviously be much more balanced, hq wouldn't be in KO, zoomer wouldn't be in swe, ofc all this in theory, also there wold be prolly 4 top clans instead of 3 and things would be much more interesting.

Point of all this: WHO FA FUCK CARES, PLAY MORE CPM ¬_¬

rtz

[+]s : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  drill Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 pm

i ll come to lightup cigo in CPM :D
drill
drill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next