.aNk. Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLCA

3 posters

Go down

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLCA Empty General Teamplay Guidelines: QLCA

Post  ShadyAK Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 am

1) Voicecomm is essential. Even if you don't have a working mic or don't want your housemates/family to hear you talk to computer, you still need to install mumble and listen out of tactics or where we go. No mumble no play CW. PCW depends on circumstances.

2) There are only 5 maps to learn gameplay on anyway. We need to have an in-deep knowledge and understanding of each map. Those would include:

2a - Know your rooms or map areas. Each map has 2 or 3 good starting points, and some are clear on overlay such as BRIDGE/PILLARS/CENTER COURTYARD. Some maps don't. We need to clearly label those.
Room/Area Alpha = Primary collection point. (i.e. bridge on dm6)
Room/Area Beta = Alternative collection point (i.e. Pillars on dm6)
Room/Areas Delta/Gamma/Pizda = Any other areas suitable for starting on as a group. (i.e. that room with no teleport on it in dm20 or points on ca3)... good to rarely use it to confuse enemy and break flow of game.

2b - Before next round starts, our tactician(s) decide where to run next map. Each player should get there and be there at next map. Cos a massive melee will start and it's imperative that all of our players are there. Working as a unit wins those close CA games. We have the talent, we just need the teamwork.

2c - Learn HOW to get from any particular spawn point to area alpha/beta/gamma in the 5 warmup seconds of each CA round. Know each route by heart and get there immediately. If you are late, our body mass will be potentially 4v5 and we arleady have a smaller chance to win map. cos 300 less health points body mass and 1 less point of damage. So practice in priv practice mode or dedicate a training session to it but we need this.

2d - Know the map in terms of how to stand and what places have good vantage points (Flex's point). Know good points to stand on where you are good to shoot while being concealed from enemies. Where you are less vulnerable than enemy in front of you. Know how to dodge nades or rockets. If you are expecting it, you have a better chance to dodge it. and if it's good vantage point, you have a better chance of hitting enemy than they you.

3 - Know how to act accordingly to the situation by using common knowledge and game sense. This can only come with experience, but it's worth a mention. Be able to deal with any position in most professional level. i.e.
when we are chasing 2 enemies with full team. Or when 1 one of ours is in rambo mode vs 5 enemies with low health. During start, target same guy with 2-5 players instead of just doing five small 1v1s. (i guess i will write a small handbook for that too but later).
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

[+]s : 20

Back to top Go down

General Teamplay Guidelines: QLCA Empty Re: General Teamplay Guidelines: QLCA

Post  drill Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 am

Tem all fine [+], but when i read those alpha, beta, or just A, B places (i know we talked about it)it reminded me nao that exactly same we did in KO for maps. We knew those names of maps but dunno how we still get used to say on teamspeak RA, bridge or such names in map (LG in ca2 for eg.). It is still easier to remembers defalut ones like adding other names which can be more confusing...
drill
drill

[+]s : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadyAK Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 am

It's easier on dm6 or ca2 or ca3, but dm20 for example has rly difficuly layout for CA so bridge pillars etc works too. And alpha beta gamma thing is a just background for maps which DONT have easy locations, or any at all.
ShadyAK
ShadyAK

[+]s : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  kg Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 am

I've heard the dm20 room with tdm ra at bottom called "bridge" once. Oo
kg
kg

[+]s : 2

Back to top Go down